It’s almost Valentine’s Day and I have the perfect last minute DIY project! These are so easy to make and are ridiculously good looking!
You’ll find yourself falling in love with your SO all over again while thinking of all the reasons why you love them. Seriously, it’s the perfect project to get you all in the mood for V-Day!
These can be left around the house for him to find or pop them all in a jar for him to pick out whenever he wants to be reminded of why he’s so special to you.
So, let’s get started!
Pink & Gold Coloured/Patterned Paper (I used leftovers from my Date Jar Post – Here)
Gold Twine or Embroidery Thread
Gold Jumprings (Mine were 6mm)
Valentine’s Arrow Pattern
1. Cut out all pattern pieces.
2. Trace pattern pieces onto coloured/patterned paper and cut out.
3. Using the pattern as a guide, cut slits on the feathers.
4. Make a crease in the centre of your feathers.
5. Cut your wooden skewers to measure 15cm each.
6. Spread glue on one arrow head and place the tip of your skewer on the centre.
7. Glue on the other arrow head and using your fingers, mould the paper to fit around the skewer.
8. Slip a jumpring onto your skewer.
9. Spread glue onto the base of the feather head (about 1.5cm in – only the part that touches the skewer) and glue it to the skewer.
10. Glue on the other feather head and using your fingers, mould the paper to fit around the skewer.
11. Spread glue onto the base of the leaf shaped feather (about 1.5cm in) and glue it to the feather base on an angle.
12. Repeat on the opposite side.
13. Spread a good amount of glue on the base of the feathers and a little bit onto the skewer.
14. Start wrapping your twine or embroidery thread around the skewer where it meets the feathers, then around the base of the feathers.
15. When you’ve finished wrapping, tie a double knot and cut off any excess thread.
16. Repeat with the remaining arrows, using different papers for each part of the arrows so that you end up with a range of different arrows.
17. To create the scrolls, cut out 11 strips of paper measuring 1.2cm x 6cm and write down 11 reasons why you love your SO (Or you can write them in a word document, print them and cut them like I did).
18. To attach each strip to your arrow, all you need to do is roll the paper strip around the wooden skewer and slip on the jumpring to keep it in place!
Super easy, right?
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I hope your day is filled with LUUURVEE!